Monday, July 03, 2006

CELT Presentation Format

I’m working from memory here, but I think the consensus was that Steve would open our presentation with a brief discussion about blogs, their pros and cons, and then let Stephen Pepple show his blogs and how they work with his classes.

Then I’ll introduce blogs as a collaborative learning and research tool, talk about assessment, and let Shannon Eichenauer show how her blogs enhance her critical thinking.

Then Sandy will wrap up explaining how Wikis can be used for classroom management and how blogs can be managed so as not to add yet another overwhelming assessment task.

If we have 55 minutes I propose we let Steve and (Stephen if available) have 15, me and Shannon 10, and Sandy 10, leaving 20 minutes for Q&A. I think if we aren’t able to draw 20 minutes of questions and comments then we haven’t done our job well.

Shannon has committed to being there, which frankly may be enough in the way of a student presence, unless Stephen is already on board. We’ll want to help our students know how to focus their comments.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home